Winter in Turtle Lake, WI, started early this year and seems to be never ending. The blankets are piled so high you can’t see out the window, and the fireplace in the living room has been burning almost non-stop. Unfortunately, the portable heater in the basement, somehow, caused a fire. What could you have done to prevent this fire damage to your home?
· Fire safety is the most important part. Fire safety is the most important thing for you and your family to understand. Fire safety includes making sure that the area around candles and the fireplace are clear of materials that are flammable. Things like paper, blankets, and toys can ignite if left too close to open flames. When leaving your home make sure all candles and fires have been fully extinguished. Hot coals left in a fireplace can retain enough heat to reignite, so making sure the coals are cold before leaving the house is important.
· Portable heater safety is equally important. When the weather turns cold, the use of portable heaters increases in Turtle Lake, WI. There are some important safety rules to keep in mind when using a portable heater to keep your family and home safe throughout the winter season. Make sure the space around the heater is clean and that the heater is at least 3 feet from furniture, walls, or any other flammable objects. Make sure the heater is well ventilated so it doesn’t overheat. Every portable heater should be checked at the beginning of each season for frayed wires and broken parts to ensure it doesn’t start a fire and create the need for fire damage restoration.
· Get expert help when in need of fire damage cleanup. If you find yourself facing fire damage and in need of fire damage cleanup, ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning should be your first call for all your fire damage restoration needs. The technicians at ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning are extensively trained in all the latest techniques for fire damage cleanup. They will help you get your home back to normal quickly so you can get your life back on track.
Smoke damage cleanup, soot removal, and odor removal are all tasks that you shouldn’t tackle on your own. When faced with a stressful situation, you need the right tools and resources to get the job done fast and correct. ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning has what it takes to expertly and quickly get the work done from start to finish. For all your fire damage restoration needs in Turtle Lake, WI, give ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning a call immediately at (800) 920-4642.