Fire Damage from a Space Heater
Winter nights have started arriving in New Richmond, WI. Your son has been complaining about being cold at night, so you’ve set him up with a space heater in his room rather than heat the entire house. You’ve gone over the rules with him: Don’t put anything on it and make sure it’s shut off during the day. A couple hours ago, you sent him off to school and now you’re on your third cup of coffee trying to get work done. You pick up the scent of something burning, and the next thing you know fire alarms are going off. Once the fire is out, the fire chief tells you something was left on the space heater in your son’s room. Where in New Richmond, WI, can you find help with fire damage restoration?
Fires can be prevented, and it’s important that everyone knows how. Using a space heater helps keep your home comfortable without having to heat your whole house. They come in various sizes and styles, from fancy fireplaces to the square box that sets on the floor. When using a space heater, regardless of its style, it’s important that you use it correctly and make sure everyone in your home understands its dangers. The job of a space heater is to pump out heat, which means that when it’s covered or blocked, it becomes a fire hazard. Over time, the item on or blocking the space heater will become super-heated and catch fire. When using a space heater, make sure it isn’t too close to a wall, it cannot be blocked by anything or have anything land on top of it, and that it’s shut off when not in use. Space heaters aren’t meant to be on all the time; they’re really only to be used for short periods at a time. The longer they’re on, the hotter they get.
If you’ve incurred a fire, get help to clean it up. Even when you’ve done everything you could to prevent a fire, sometimes one happens anyway. However, you don’t have to face the fire damage restoration yourself. ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning is here to help those in the New Richmond, WI, area with all their fire damage restoration needs. The technicians at ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning are trained in all the latest tools and techniques that will make restoring your home quick and complete. From smoke damage cleanup to air duct cleaning, they’ll make sure your home looks, smells, and feels like new.
For fire damage cleanup services in New Richmond, WI, give ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning a call at (800) 920-4642.